First thing I have to say is that Lura Kelly and their family were SUCH a pleasure to work with. It is couples/families like this that make me love my job so much. They were a lot of fun and wanted to think outside the box a little bit to ensure this wedding was unique to them. I had a blast brainstorming with them about different ways we could make this happen.
Lura and Kelly came down from Alaska to get hitched in Seattle! Their colors were shades of blue and teal with pops of lime green and chocolate brown. They wanted a small intimate venue that was warm and cozy for their group of guests. I immediately thought of Lake Union Cafe after chatting with them at our first meeting–turns out it was a perfect fit. Here are some of my favorite details that made the day unique:
- The floral was delicate but the shoes were fierce.
- We put chat pack cards at every place setting to get fun conversations started over dinner.
- Lura’s toss bouquet had lottery tickets attached to it…so EVERYONE was on the dance floor waiting to snatch that up.
- Their logo, menu and programs (designed by the bride) were incredible…seriously..she could go into business!
- Her dress & his brown tuxedo.
- All of the cupcakes were placed on vintage suitcases that they rented from us. It was adorable.
- Their vows…were inspired from a Dr. Susse book. And thanks to Reverend Ray for the wonderful ceremony!
- Kelli’s Creations translated the Seattle skyline/logo on to their cutting cake.
- Lobster Bisque soup shooters were delicious on a drizzly day
- Their wedding rings were made of wood…yes, I said wood.
And of course the day would not have been complete without a few Seattle sprinkles…
Check out the beautiful photos by Jenny GG!