A new trend perhaps? If so, count me in!
I am a wedding planner who also loves to run. So when one of my clients asked me to plan a 5k race the day of their wedding I leaped for joy. I guess it was only a matter of time before my love of wedding planning and love of running races would come together. I personally can’t think of a better way to start the wedding weekend/wedding day…especially on a destination wedding.
After some brainstorming, here is what I came up with:
- 5k run route mapped out for the wedding day (or sometime during the wedding weekend festivities)
- Set up start/finish lines
- Custom Race Bibs
- Custom Medals
- Custom T-shirts
- Online registration for guests via our website (to get a headcount, t shirt size, etc.)
- Post run goodies (typical post run food & swag such as chocolate milk, bananas, wedding cake? etc)
- Invite other guests of the wedding that might not want to run to participate in cheering on the other runners
- Schedule a photographer at start/finish line
I have a few races under my belt and know the ins and outs of what makes a good race day, so feel very confident in being able to plan a fun run!
…so I get to run too, right?
On a side note, if there are any runners out there, I also have a running blog. Welcome to Runners Paradise.